Simon was called to the Queensland Bar in 1983. He was made Queens Counsel in 1993.
He is a member of North Quarter Lane Chambers, one of Queensland’s preeminent Commercial Barristers Chambers. Simon also has chambers in Sydney.
Simon has a wide ranging commercial practice spanning diverse areas such as:
- Competition Law (and is regularly briefed by the ACCC)
- Contract Disputes
- Corporate Law
- Insurance and Professional Indemnity (including acting for lawyers, engineers, builders, surveyors and architects).
He appears regularly in complex commercial proceedings in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and Western Australia and in the Federal Court of Australia.
Simon also has a substantial appellate practice, including in the High Court of Australia.
Simon is renowned for his cross-examination skills, earning him, most recently, recognition in the following Doyle’s Guide categories:
- Leading Professional Indemnity Senior Counsel QLD 2020
- Leading Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section Counsel QLD 2019 & 2020
- Leading Insurance Senior Counsel QLD 2019
- Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Senior Counsel 2018 & 2019