Rebekah was called to the Bar in 2021.
Before coming to the Bar, Rebekah practiced as a solicitor for over 18 Years:
- Originally being admitted as a legal practitioner in Tasmania in 2003;
- Then, after moving to Far North Queensland in 2006, she worked in a range of roles from Associate in a large firm in Cairns to Principal Solicitor at an Indigenous legal service;
- in 2014, Rebekah established her own practice which she successfully ran until she decided to come to the Bar.
Rebekah’s experience as a solicitor uniquely informs her practice as a barrister.
The areas of law Rebekah accepts briefs include:
- Family Law
- Child Protection
- Domestic and Family Violence
- All types of Civil Matters (including alternative dispute resolution avenues including Mediation and Arbitration)
- Estate Litigation
- Inquests and Inquiries
Rebekah has extensive experience acting as an Independent Children’s Lawyer and Separate Representative (Child Protection matters).
Rebekah practices in all jurisdictions and is available, in addition to regionally based matters, to appear in Courts and Tribunals based in South East Queensland and interstate (especially New South Wales).
Rebekah is also a NMAS qualified Mediator and Arbitrator.