Samantha was called to the Bar in 2019 after 8 years practice principally as a commercial litigation lawyer at Crown Law in Queensland (Senior Lawyer from 2015).
Samantha practices in the areas of:
- Administrative Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Commissions of Inquiries
- Negligence & Torts
She has a particular interest in:
- Bankruptcy & Insolvency Law
- Taxation and Duties Law
Samantha has a growing practice acting for corporate clients and government departments in judicial review proceedings, insolvency & bankruptcy matters, contract disputes, breaches of statutory duty and tortious claims.
Samantha also has invaluable insight into government department process and procedure gained from her years working at Crown Law as well as experience with e-trials, electronic document management systems and document management protocols.
- Braun v Rushbrook & Anor  QSC 268
- Braun v Rushbrook & Anor (No 2)  QSC 270
Commissions of Inquiry
- In early 2020 Samantha was Counsel assisting Commissioners the Hon. John Byrne AO RFD and Emeritus Professor John Carter AM in the Paradise Dam Commission.
Taxation and Duties Law
- GBL v Commissioner of State Revenue  QCAT 83
Samantha holds undergraduate degrees in Law (Hons 1) and Arts (Distinction) and a Masters of Law