Ms Deanna Musumeci was called to the Queensland Bar in October 2021.
Previously, Deanna practiced as a solicitor for 8 years in Townsville with a particular practice interest in Family Law and Commercial Litigation.
Deanna has acted in complex Family Law and Commercial Litigation matters involving:
- The interpretation and enforcement of a Deed of Family Arrangement;
- Acting for third party intervenors in a family law property dispute involving issue of trust, debts and gifts;
- Acting for a legally aid funded respondent mother in relation to parenting and access issues involving complicated social issues such as drugs, alcohol, neglect and abuse.
Deanna, in addition to a busy private practice, is passionate about social justice and volunteers her time to various social justice institutions such as:
- Townsville Community Law; and
- North Queensland Women’s Legal Service.
Other relevant affiliations and positions held by Deanna are:
- Townsville Hospital Ethic Committee;
- Townsville District Law Association Committee Member; and
- North Queensland District Law Association Committee member.