|Permanent Full time or Part Time
|Barrister’s Clerk (Business Development Role)
Hemmant’s List is a virtual group of barristers, supported by a clerking service. Hemmant’s provides a single point of contact to identify the right barrister for the client’s needs, from a diverse list of counsel, based on experience, expertise and cost. The diversity of the list assists those seeking to support equitable briefing practices.
There are currently 41 members on the list. Further information about the List can be accessed at http://www.hemmantslist.com.au
The company is looking for a qualified marketing professional to provide end to end support to both the barristers as a group and individually to provide strategic and tactical marketing services to achieve profiling and business development objectives.
The successful candidate will work with the current Senior Clerk, complementing by additional skills described below, with the opportunity for succession to the senior position over time.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to take a leading role on developing and implementing a marketing strategy to outwardly promote the List and the barristers on the List.
The role will include:
· Marketing/business development activities to profile the List;
· Working with each barrister on practice development activities;
· Fielding inquiries from solicitors and corporate counsel including in relation to specialist expertise, availability and fee rates;
· Managing the diaries for the barristers; and
· Looking at additional ways to support the barristers and the List.
To be selected for this position you will have:
· Previous business development/marketing experience ideally gained in a professional services firm or business to business sales/development environment
· Knowledge of the legal landscape in Queensland, particularly in respect to litigation;
· Ability to undertake administration tasks which come with working for a smaller organisation;
· Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or business;
· Ability to manage conflicting deadlines;
· Intermediate-advanced MS office skills;
· A proactive and diligent work style;
· Proven ability to handle confidential information; and
· Excellent interpersonal skills and strong written and verbal communication skills.
You will be able to offer:
· The ability to work as part of a close-knit team to achieve the best possible outcomes on behalf of the List
· Excellent attention to detail and follow through
· Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills and a “hands-on” approach
· The ability to work autonomously; and
· Obvious drive, desire and passion to succeed.
For an expression of interest please email:
Geoffrey Diehm QC – Chair